What is Personal Information?
Personal Information is information that you provide to us which personally identifies you, such as your name, email address, or billing information, or other data that can be reasonably linked to such information by Rootstock, such as information we associate with your Rootstock account.
What types of Personal Information do we collect?
We collect and use Personal Information in order to operate and provide our Platform to you , including our Services. You may provide Personal Information to us, and we may collect Personal Information from you automatically as you use and navigate through our Platform. We collect information such as your name, phone number, email address, work address, shipping address, and IP address. We may also collect information on your usage of our Platform.
How do we collect your Personal Information?
Information you provide to us. You may provide Personal Information to us through our Platform. For example, you may be able to register to use our Platform or create an account with us, which allows or requires you to provide certain information to us (e.g., contact information such as your name, email address, telephone number, etc.). You can provide as Personal Information and other information when you contact us through our Platform.
Information we collect as you use our Platform. We collect Personal Information and information about the computers, devices, browsers and your Internet activity as you use and interact with our Platform. The information we collect includes Unique Identifier, browser type and settings, device type and settings, operating system, mobile network information including carrier name and phone number, and application version number. We also collect information about the interaction of your apps, browsers, and devices with our services, including IP address, device type, crash reports, system activity, wireless carrier name (when you use a wireless or mobile device), and the date, time, and referrer URL of your request.
Online Activity. We collect information about your activity on our Platform, Internet, network, and other online activity information, such as browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with our Platform and other websites.
Location. We collect information about your location when you use our Platform, which helps us provide our Platform Services, features and functionality. Your location can be determined with varying degrees of accuracy by:
- IP address
- Sensor data from your device
- Information about things near your device, such as Wi-Fi access points, cell towers, and Bluetooth-enabled devices
The types of location data we collect depend in part on your device and account settings. For example, you can turn your mobile device’s location on or off using the device’s settings app. You may also be able to turn on location history if you want to create a private map of where you go with your devices.
In some circumstances, Rootstock also collects information about you from publicly accessible sources. We may collect information about you from trusted partners, such as marketing partners who provide us with information about our potential customers, and security partners who provide us with information to protect against fraud and abuse of our Platform. We use various technologies to collect and store location information, including cookies, pixels or pixel tags, local storage, such as browser web storage or application data caches, databases, session replay, and server logs.
Why and how do we use your Personal Information?
Provide our Platform and Services. We use your Personal Information to operate, maintain, supervise, administer, improve and enhance our Platform and related Services, features and functionality. We use your contact information to communicate and interact with you, such as to send you emails and text messages about our Platform. We use the IP address assigned to your device to send you the data you request to display on your device. We use unique identifiers stored in cookies on your device to help us authenticate you as the person who should have access to certain areas and features of our Platform. We also use your information to ensure our Platform is working as intended, such as tracking outages or troubleshooting issues that you report to us. And we use your information for research and development for our business, and to make improvements to our Platform.
We use data collected from you and your devices for analytics and measurement to understand how our Platform is used. For example, we analyze data about your use of our Platform to do things like optimize product design. We use a variety of tools to do this, such as Google Analytics and similar third party online data analytics services.
We may also use your information for our business purposes and to provide you with our Platform’s enterprise resource planning capabilities.
We may also use Personal Information to:
- Carry out our legal and contractual obligations, and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To respond to law enforcement requests, court orders, and subpoenas and to carry out our legal and contractual obligations.
- Authenticate use, detect fraudulent use, and otherwise maintain the security of our Platform and the safety of others.
- To administer surveys and questionnaires.
- To provide you information about goods and services that may be of interest to you, including through newsletters.
- Any other purpose with your consent.
How and why do we share your Personal Information?
We share Personal Information with third parties under certain circumstances and for certain purposes described throughout this Policy, including:
- Service providers and other to operate our Platform and Services. We share your Personal Information with our affiliates, vendors, service providers, and business partners, including providers and vendors we use for operating and maintaining our Platform, and its features, functionality and Services. These third parties include data hosting and data storage partners, analytics, ad network, advertising (including interest-based advertising), technology services and support, and data security.
- Our business purposes. We may share your Personal Information with our affiliates, vendors, service providers, and business partners, including providers and vendors we use for our business activities and operations generally, such as data hosting and data storage partners, analytics, ad network, advertising, technology services and support, and data security. We may also share your Personal Information with professional advisors, such as auditors, law firms, and accounting firms.
- With your consent. We may share your Personal Information if you request or direct us to do so.
- Compliance with law. We may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable law or any obligations thereunder, including cooperation with law enforcement, judicial orders, and regulatory inquiries.
- Business transfers. We may share your Personal Information to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of a bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about our users are among the assets transferred.
- De-identified information. We may also de-identified information, so that it cannot be reasonably used to identify any individual, with third parties for marketing, advertising, research, or similar purposes.
Your choices for how we collect, use and share your Personal Information.
We offer you choices on how you can opt out of our certain uses and sharing of your Personal Information. As a general rule, you cannot opt out of our collection, use and sharing of Personal Information to the extent it is necessary to provide the Platform or related Services, features and functionality to you.
You can change the cookie settings that will be placed when you use our Platform by changing the settings on your Internet browser. You can also block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. Please note that internet browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. These settings are usually found in the ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu of your internet browser. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including strictly necessary cookies), you may not be able to access or use all or areas and aspects of our Platform.
You can generally opt out of receiving interest-based advertisements from third party advertisers and ad networks who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) or who follow the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising by visiting the opt out pages on the NAI website and DAA website. We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can also opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the NAI on its website. You can learn more about interest-based advertisements and your opt out rights and options on the NAI website and DAA website.
If you do not wish to have your email address used by Rootstock to send you advertising messages and content, you can opt out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any marketing emails you receive from us. You may have other options with respect to marketing and communication preferences through our Platform.
How do I access and correct my Personal Information?
Access, Corrections and Deletion. In addition to any data access capabilities available through the Platform, please Contact Us if you have any questions about your Personal Information. Please inform us of any changes or errors in any Personal Information we have about you to ensure that it is complete, accurate, and as current as possible. You may also have certain deletion rights in accordance with applicable law. We may not be able to accommodate your request if we believe it would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Copies and Retention of Data. In addition to any capabilities available through the Platform, if you need to export or a copy of your data, please let us know and we will assist you with your request. We retain the data we collect for different periods of time depending on what it is, how we use it and applicable legal requirements. We may retain some data for longer periods of time than other data when necessary for legitimate business or legal purposes, such as security, fraud and abuse prevention, or financial record-keeping.