Rootstock Software® Introduces ‘The Manufacturing Suite’ on Salesforce.com’s Force.com Platform
Rootstock Delivers a Complete Manufacturing Solution on Force.com to Cut Costs, Improve Processes, and Drive Revenue
SAN FRANCISCO – Aug. 30, 2011 – Rootstock Software®, a leading Software as a Service (SaaS) manufacturing solution provider to the mid-market, announced today a manufacturing enterprise service delivered on Force.com (salesforce.com’s social enterprise platform for employee apps), for all sizes and types of discrete manufacturers. The announcement was made today at Dreamforce 2011, the cloud computing event of the year. Rootstock will be in booth #119 in the Dreamforce Expo.
Rootstock has developed this suite of manufacturing applications as a new service for customers whether they are a small operation with as few as five users or a large organization with many divisions and sites and hundreds of users. Rootstock Software® indicates the product will be released for general availability in January, 2012. Rootstock will be demonstrating the solution at Dreamforce 11, salesforce.com’s 9th annual user and developer conference.
Comment on News
- “Mid market manufacturers are constantly improving their operations to meet their customers ever changing needs,” said Patrick Garrehy, CEO and founder, Rootstock Software®. “Rootstock is excited to provide these business critical manufacturing capabilities on the social and open Force.com platform that will deliver improved supply chain visibility, improved customer service, and a quick return on investment to manufacturers of all sizes.”
- “Rootstock has a strong heritage in delivering industry leading manufacturing capabilities in the cloud, and we see tremendous potential in their addition to the AppExchange,” says Jeremy Roche, president and CEO, FinancialForce. “The single cloud environment for CRM, manufacturing and finance is ideal for manufacturers to base and grow their businesses. By leveraging the power of the Force.com platform, this combination will deliver customers greater competitive advantage in the cloud.
The Manufacturing Suite
Rootstock Software® provides the breadth and depth of solutions that today’s manufacturers need to operate and grow their business. The offering includes:
- Production Engineering (Engineering Change Control and Revision Control)
- Manufacturing Inventory Control
- Material Requirements Planning (MRP)
- Purchase Order Control
- Multi Division, Multi Site
- Manufacturing Cost Control
- Scheduling & Capacity Planning
- Shop Floor Control
- Project Control
- Full Lot & Serial Control
- PLM Integration
Built on salesforce.com’s Force.com platform, Rootstock’s manufacturing solution will include out of the box integration with Salesforce CRM and FinancialForce’s accounting suite, Mobile (iPad2) accessibility, and will use Salesforce Chatter‘s real-time status updates. These integrations provide a complete and flexible solution for manufacturers with shorter deployments, lower costs and quick return on investment. Requiring dramatically less resources, salesforce.com, FinancialForce and Rootstock allow you to recoup your investment quickly while delivering a robust manufacturing solution with improved visibility and enables you to be more responsive to changing customer needs.
Dreamforce 2011 is the cloud computing event of the year. The ninth annual conference will welcome more than 30,000 customers, partners and developers to the new world of the social enterprise. With more than 450 sessions and 250 cloud companies in the expo, Dreamforce offers the content and educational opportunities that enable attendees to tap into the power of the social enterprise.
FinancialForce is the cloud applications company. We focus 100% on building business applications for Force.com, the world’s leading cloud computing platform from salesforce.com. Our applications include Accounting, Billing, Professional Services Automation (PSA) and Services Resource Planning (SRP). We serve fast-growing organizations and dynamic enterprises, helping them to align Finance, Sales and Service in a way that enables profitable growth. We are backed by two of the biggest and best players in the business, UNIT4 and salesforce.com. To learn more please visit www.FinancialForce.com.