Learn Why the Salesforce Platform is Great for ERP
When you run ERP on the SalesforceⓇ Platform, you put your customers at the heart of your business, shift the focus of IT onto strategic projects, and reduce costs while gaining a 360° view of your customers and your business.
The #1 Platform as a Service
The Salesforce Platform is an ideal cloud platform for ERP and has been recognized as a Leader in several Gartner Magic Quadrants including:
- Enterprise High-Productivity Application Platform as a Service
- Digital Experience Platforms
- CRM Customer Engagement Center
There are many reasons why the Salesforce Platform is great for ERP:
Build A Foundation For Your Digital Business Strategy
Run CRM and ERP on one cloud platform to form a solid foundation for your business strategy:
- Remove the business silos that divide CRM and ERP data to create a single, shared view of all customer interactions and your entire business.
- Create a personalized digital experience for your customers, employees and partners.
- Compress cycle times and roll out new products and services quickly across ERP and CRM.
- Rapidly adapt to changing markets and business and regulatory conditions.
Empower a Modern Workforce
Today’s connected workforce expects the systems they use at work to have the same engaging user interfaces, mobile access and social communication tools that they use in their personal lives. Attract and retain new talent with a modern online work environment.
- Connect people across departments with mobile and social apps.
- Conduct social conversations in context with ERP data using Chatter.
- Give everyone in your organization access to reporting, dashboards and AI-powered analytics, not just a privileged few.
Get a 360 Degree View of Your Business
A combined Rootstock Cloud ERP and Salesforce CRM solution provides advanced analytics that let you spend less time preparing data for analysis and more time analyzing the data:
- Use a shared data model across CRM, ERP and custom apps with a common customer record at its core.
- Use Einstein Analytics for advanced visualizations, trend analysis and predictive algorithms.
- Eliminate the burden of pre-analysis master data management and extraction, transformation and loading (ETL).
- Unlock the value of data trapped in spreadsheets and turn them into secure, trusted applications connected to your CRM and ERP.
- Provide inventory and production visibility to all your users.
Out-Service the Competition
Salesforce CRM and Rootstock Cloud ERP work together to help you provide world-class customer support. Deliver a personalized customer experience no matter who the customer talks to:
- Resolve more customer problems on the first call.
- Respond to customer issues faster.
- Deliver the right products with the right invoice every time.
Create Customer, Distributor and Supplier Communities
Enhance the customer, distributor and supplier experience with online communities:
- Easily create intelligent and branded communities and portals.
- Choose which ERP and CRM information you want to show online.
- Solve problems faster by communicating in real time with your customers.
- Improve service with direct feedback from customers, distributors and suppliers.
Innovate Rapidly – Transform the Role of IT
Moving your ERP onto the Salesforce Platform gets you out of the data center management and application maintenance business, letting IT focus less on maintenance and more on value-added activities:
- Shift the focus of IT to strategic projects that drive business value, including customer engagement, IoT and machine learning.
- Put the power of IT into the hands of your business users and create the conditions required for rapid innovation.
- Stop wasting IT time patching and upgrading cumbersome legacy ERP software.
Stay Current – Take Advantage of Multitenancy
Salesforce is a true multitenant cloud platform that helps you avoid being saddled with old software and falling behind the competition:
- Add, change and customize your ERP application while continually accepting automatic software updates.
- Beware of cloud washing! Hosted, managed services and private cloud deployments are simply different ways of running old software.
- Hosted applications are still cumbersome to upgrade. Read Computer Economics’ report explaining the differences between true cloud and hosted ERP.
Easily Expand Your Solution with the AppExchange
Salesforce offers thousands of applications on the AppExchange, the #1 application marketplace for business, and provides a standard software development platform that meets the needs of business users and professional developers:
- Choose from a variety of apps on the AppExchange that share a common architecture and security model.
- Get out of the system integration business with pre-integrated solutions.
Take Control of Costs and Governance
Running ERP on the Salesforce Platform gives your finance teams control and allows you to scale more profitably by controlling IT costs, reducing the cost of customer support and providing approval and governance controls across any business process:
- Control policy governance while reducing the costs of audits with company-wide approvals management.
- Accurately track costs at very detailed levels in operations while rolling up and posting automatically into the General Ledger, making sure cost accounting and operations tie out seamlessly with Finance.
- Use online customer communities to meet customer expectations for self-service while reducing support costs and interruptions to your back-office team.
- Eliminate the costs of IT infrastructure operations, server maintenance and software updates and turn every dollar of your IT budget into value-added investment.
Industrial-Strength Security, Trust and Compliance
The Salesforce Platform is built on trust and security. Over 150,000 businesses trust Salesforce to safeguard their data in the cloud:
- Rootstock and Salesforce offer complete transparency to system performance and security information. Learn more here (link to new trust page).
- The Salesforce Platform has been certified by many standards and practices organizations, including AICPA SOC1, SOC2 and SOC3, TRUSTe and more.
Centralize Identity and Profile Management
Salesforce lets you manage and synchronize multiple User IDs and profiles to give your organization the highest standards of user security:
- Implement a single User ID and centralized policy and profile management shared by all applications on Salesforce.
- Incorporate best practices such as single sign-on, two-factor authentication and IP login restrictions.
- Dramatically improve customer, partner and supplier communication with a single set of mobile-ready collaboration and social tools.
Create a Centralized Hub for Off-Platform Integration
Salesforce provides programmatic access to your organization’s information using simple, powerful and secure application programming interfaces (APIs):
- Design, build, and manage APIs and integrations in a single product.
- Use Mulesoft as your integration backbone to manage APIs and define integrations.
- Choose from a variety of popular APIs on the Salesforce Platform.