Inventory Management in Salesforce
While Salesforce is the #1 customer relationship management (CRM) platform in the world, it does not provide inventory management for manufacturing and distribution companies. Salesforce CRM provides many critical functions for sales and service, but it does not provide the inventory management capabilities of a true Enterprise Resource Management (ERP) system.
In the past, many organizations were forced to develop complex system interfaces to connect Salesforce CRM with legacy ERP to synchronize data and pass transactions. Now that is not necessary with the advent of companies like Rootstock Software which developed Cloud ERP natively on the Salesforce platform. Companies can in fact now run both CRM and ERP on the Salesforce Platform.
Salesforce is not an inventory management solution. But you can run ERP alongside CRM all on the Salesforce Cloud Platform. Rootstock ERP and Salesforce CRM share the same data model, user interface, system administration, security profiles, reporting tools, collaboration tools (Chatter), workflow engine, AI and more.
Rootstock Cloud ERP on Salesforce helps manufacturers and distributors increase inventory precision, accuracy, efficiency and flexibility. For manufacturers who want to take their customer service to the next level, Salesforce Field Service offers inventory management designed for field service representatives.
Precise Inventory Management and Costing in Salesforce
Salesforce inventory management with Rootstock Cloud ERP helps manufacturers accurately manage inventory and costing in real time across multiple locations from anywhere:
- View summary and detailed information, including inventory transactions, customizable cycle counts and ABC category analysis.
- Analyze supply and demand, and update inventory by location, lot number, serial number or project.
- Choose standard cost, actual cost or FIFO costing, and manage costs at the project level.
Tracking and Traceability
Lot and serial number tracking and traceability is critical to manufacturers. Inventory management with Rootstock on Salesforce provides complete traceability and comprehensive audit trail inquiries:
- Track lot numbers and serial numbers all the way to sales order fulfillment.
- View complete traceability trees and detailed device history records.
Flexible Inventory Management in Salesforce
Rootstock on Salesforce includes features that provide manufacturers with the flexibility they need to management inventories:
- Assign a wide range of attributes to inventory items, pre-assign inventory types in any location or assign them on the fly, and by division or site.
- Use ABC category analysis and reports for recording cycle counts.
- Create locations for customer-owned inventory held at a user location.
Available to Promise (ATP) in Salesforce
Rootstock ATP in Salesforce inventory management helps manufacturers set appropriate delivery expectations to increase customer satisfaction:
- View real-time available-to-promise information inside CRM.
- Access recent order history and understand margins and costs to produce accurate and profitable quotes.
Salesforce Asset Inventory Management
Salesforce inventory management with Rootstock Cloud ERP includes an integrated fixed asset solution in which purchasing, accounts payable and general ledger work together as a single system:
- Acquire assets from a variety of sources; add upgrades, refurbishments, add-on; and adjust asset values.
- Transfer assets between departments, physical locations, projects and divisions.
- Choose from among multiple depreciation methods.
Salesforce Field Service Inventory Management
Salesforce Field Service (formerly known as Field Service Lightning) connects to sales to service by letting customer service track and manage inventory to make sure that field service representatives always have the right tools and parts for each job.
- Create locations so you can track items stored there and restock when necessary.
- Create product items to track where your field service inventory is stored.
- Transfer field service inventory between locations.
- Track inventory consumption, shipments and returns.