Unionwear Selects Rootstock ERP via Salesforce.com’s AppExchange
Rootstock ERP provides Unionwear end-to-end process improvements, cost reductions and improved customer responsiveness
Dreamforce, the world’s largest vendor technology event, invites attendees to connect with customers, partners and employees in entirely new ways with social and mobile cloud technologies.
SAN FRANCISCO – SALESFORCE.COM DREAMFORCE – Nov. 18, 2013 – Rootstock today announced Unionwear has deployed Rootstock Manufacturing ERP via salesforce.com’s AppExchange, to accelerate its customer company transformation. Rootstock ERP enables domestic custom accessories manufacturer Unionwear to convert salesforce.com quotes and opportunities into sales orders with fully configured bills of materials and routings, automating planning, procurement, inventory, manufacturing shop floor control and scheduling, product costing, productivity analysis, and financial management processes, providing end-to-end process improvements, cost reductions and improved customer responsiveness. The announcement was made today at salesforce.com’s Dreamforce 2013 in San Francisco. Rootstock will be in booth #2121 in the Dreamforce Expo.
Built on the Salesforce Platform, the world’s leading cloud platform for social and mobile business apps, Rootstock is currently available on the AppExchange at www.appexchange.com.
Comments on the News
- “We are excited that Unionwear, a best-in-class ‘Made-in-America’ mid-market promotional apparel manufacturer, is leveraging Rootstock on the Salesforce Platform to add velocity to fulfilling customer orders and improving bottom line profitability,” said David Stephans, chief customer officer, Rootstock Software. “Rootstock is excited to provide these business critical capabilities on the social and open Salesforce Platform that will deliver improved supply chain visibility, better customer service and a quick return on investment to manufacturers of all sizes.”
- ”Unionwear manufacturers completely customize products and we needed a cloud based solution that will allow our textile and promotional clients to design accessories online, get real time costing, and stage opportunities that we flow directly into planning, procurement, and production,” said Unionwear president Mitch Cahn. “The automation provided by Rootstock makes small batch manufacturing a more fluid, profitable experience for both us and our clients. Of the ERP vendors we evaluated, only Rootstock had the people with the manufacturing experience to deliver a solution that will enhance and connect every single aspect of our business. Rootstock shares a commitment to continuous improvement that made the ERP implementation a great experience, which is unheard of for ERP projects.”
- “Companies around the world are looking to transform into customer companies,” said Ron Huddleston, senior vice president, ISV & Channel, salesforce.com. “And partners such as Rootstock are leveraging the power of the Salesforce Platform to help customers like Unionwear connect with their customers, partners and employees in entirely new ways.”
Product Key Features
Rootstock Software provides the breadth and depth of solutions that today’s manufacturers need to operate and grow their business. The offering includes:
- Products/item masters, bills of material, process routings and change control
- Sales order management
- Project management for cost and schedule
- Material and capacity planning and analysis
- Purchase requisition & purchase order control
- Inventory control including full lot & serial tracking & life cycle history
- Production work order management
- Fulfillment & shipping
- RMA processing
- Cost control
- Multi-company, multi-division, multi-site supply chain mapping
- Financial control integrations
Built entirely on the Salesforce Platform, Rootstock’s solution includes “out of the box” integration with the Salesforce Sales Cloud and Service Cloud; FinancialForce’s mobile accessibility and finance and accounting apps; plus Salesforce Communities, Salesforce Chatter and the Salesforce Platform‘s workflow and approval capabilities. These “out of the box” integrations provide complete and flexible solutions for manufacturers, resulting in shorter deployments, lower costs, significant return on investment and quicker payback. Requiring dramatically fewer resources, Rootstock enables customers to recoup investments quickly while delivering a complete and robust distribution solution with improved visibility, enabling them to be more responsive to ever-changing customer needs.
Dreamforce 2013 is the world’s largest vendor technology conference, and expects more than 120,000 people to register to attend this year’s 11th annual conference and experience the power of social and mobile cloud computing and connect with their customers in a whole new way. With more than 1,100 sessions and 350 cloud companies in the expo, attendees can participate in interactive sessions, hands-on training with cutting-edge technology, thousands of live demos and unparalleled networking. In addition, Dreamforce welcomes special guests Sheryl Sandberg, COO of Facebook; Marissa Mayer, President and CEO of Yahoo!; and Deepak Chopra, Founder of The Chopra Foundation. Dreamforce 2013 offers attendees everything they need to accelerate their customer company transformation in four days, under one roof.
- Register for Dreamforce: www.dreamforce.com
- Become a fan of Dreamforce on Facebook: www.facebook.com/dreamforce
- Follow @Dreamforce on Twitter: www.twitter.com/dreamforce
- Become a fan of Rootstock: www.facebook.com/RootstockSoftware
- Follow Rootstock www.twitter.com/rootstockmfg
About the Salesforce Platform and the AppExchange
The Salesforce Platform is the world’s most trusted and comprehensive cloud platform for building social and mobile cloud apps. It powers Salesforce CRM, more than 3 million custom apps built by customers and more than 2,000 apps developed by partners in its ecosystem. Apps built on the Salesforce Platform can be easily distributed and marketed through salesforce.com’s AppExchange.
Salesforce, AppExchange and others are among the trademarks of salesforce.com, inc.